Thinking outside the box is supposed to be a great way to come up with new ideas, and ‘the answer’ to whatever it is you’re struggling with. But sometimes people can’t seem to find a way out of that box. Here are some questions and ideas that may help get you thinking in a new way.
- What would you do if there were no time constraints?
- What would you do if you could start in the middle? Imagine that everything from point A to point B is done and works; then what would you do?
- What would you do if there were no emotions (for anyone involved) to be wary of?
- What would you do (or say) if you had no history with anyone else involved?
- Take a walk and notice everything around you.
- Find a kid to play with.
None of these guarantee you an answer, but if you are stuck, they might just help to get you un-stuck. What works for you?